Saturday, August 15, 2009

Sooo, this is my first post even though I've had this thing for like a week. I'll start by adding some of my old shit with some descriptions of each and what project/concept they're for. I'm not going to post any of my old MS Paint comics here(http://www.drunkduck.com/Gummi_Bear_ODing/index.php?p=401929), just my recent work that I wont to progress in my future. So, without further adieu, my crap.

These are early concepts of characters for the Justice Jamboree, a series I'm making. Edifice and Moustachio are superheroes on the Justice Jamboree.
-Edifice is a former businessman who was turned into a werebuilding/man-building who spits tiny businessmen from his mouth like bullets.
-Moustachio is a hot-headed addition to the team who can manipulate hair follicles, both on himself and on others. He can use this ability for attacks or as defense.
-Das Fruitus is a minor villain who can transform people into an assortment of fruits. He hails from Germany.
-General Big Wig is another villain who runs part of the Commercial District of Sovereign City (city inwhich the Justice Jamboree patrol).
-Slam Pig* is an ex-butcher who lost his deli in the Eurotown/Little Europe part of the City. He vowed vengeance on those who cost him his misfortune, wielded a giant hammer and threw on a pig carcass. He is very suave in his on sense.

*A slampig is what we call slutty, unattractive chicks up in Maine/New Hampshire. This has nothing to do with the character named Slampig, just a simple origin of his name.

I'll post more soon since the semester of Hell is over.

Thanks,
Sean

3 comments:

  1. That is so weird, slampig MEANS slutty, in Swedish (which is where I'm from). Like "Hon är så slampig" = "She is so slutty", or "Hon är en slampa" = "She is a slut".

    This is a surreal moment for a linguistics geek like me.

    So you say "a slampig"? As a noun, I mean. There HAS to be a connection here.

    Please please answer this comment! :P

    Li

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been trying to reply to this forever! Sorry, it wouldn't let me respond to my own posts for some reason.

    But, there's a good chance they're related since the English language steals from so many languages. I think it started out as taking a word for sex, "slamming", and a disgusting animal, "pig", and combining them, "slampig".

    "Hon är så slampig", haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I looked the word up! (I have the "Ugly words dictionary", haha) Slampa been used in our language since at least 1749, so there's a good chance it emigrated to USA with our emigrates in the 19th century.

    It's actually the "ig" that makes the adjective. Sol menas sun, and solig means sunny...

    I guess since the word made sense in english as well (the way you described) it just stuck with people over there as well.

    Thanks for not giving up your efforts to reply ;)

    ReplyDelete